what could be the cause a metallic odour on my hands that only i can smell and loss of taste?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Richard Zimon
Your symptoms: suggest a "malfunction" of Olfactory Nerve (Cranial Nerve I )and I strongly suggest you have an in person visit to a Neurologist...to begin with review any and all MEDICATIONS you take and an OCCUPATIONAL history will be helpful! Hope this is a "beginning" Dr Z
Answered on Mar 1, 2018
Dr. Jovita Anyanwu
Agree with: Dr. Z that you need an extensive medical history. Did you have any recent new medications or upper respiratory illness? Olfactory nerve malfunction will affect the sense of smell as well as your taste and indirectly your appetite. So see your provider if symptoms persist
Answered on Mar 1, 2018