United Kingdom

im experiencing very bad muscle like cramps and spasms in my upper back between the spine and shoulder. feels like a compressed nerve. from injury.

Pathology 49 years experience
Need to examine: It is not feasible to provide a meaningful opinion without examining you. You may take over the counter medication like acetaminophen for pain. Exercising will help, start gradually and increase the intensity as tolerated. Raising core body temperature through exercise will relax the muscles. Wish you good health! - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Drink enough water daily, so that your urine is mostly colorless. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form. Practice safe sex, if you have sex.
Dr. William Witt
Anesthesiology 45 years experience
Muscle spasm: Muscle spasm in the back between the spine and the shoulder following an injury is common because the entire shoulder is supported on muscle. The only attachment to the skeleton is between the Clavicle "collar bone" and the Sternum "breast bone". If recent, ice and Tylenol or Motrin with gentle range of motion and stretching. If injury was more than six weeks ago, I would see an orthopedist.