What can i do to stop cravings and overeating while on my period?

Dr. Stuart Wasser
Addiction Medicine 35 years experience
Interesting: I have not heard of this and wonder if this is a varient of premenstrua dysphoric dysorder. Perhaps this should be treated. Otherwise, there are medications that reduce food cravings that can be used on an as needed basis.
Dr. Gregg Albers
Addiction Medicine 41 years experience
Appetite and Brain: The hypothalamus, at the center of your brain, is one area that drives appetite for food. The hormonal changes of your period are driven by the hypothalamus and pituitary, but may be affected by these same hormones. Depression, stress, activity can all affect your appetite, either to increase or decrease it. Increase in appetite may be your response to your hormone.

Last updated Sep 28, 2016