Saint Charles, MO

Have interstitial cystitis (dx w/cystoscopy + hydrodistention). had 3rd instillation today for a bad flare, and when i emptied my bladder an hour later as directed, i had mild burning in my urethra. never happened before. what's up with that?

Dr. John Berryman
IC with UTI sx: Interstitial cystitis is caused by thickening of the smooth muscle of the bladder secondary to multiple urinary tract infections, generally untreated. The urethra has many pockets which can harbor bacteria, and exercise and/or sexual activity can cause seeding of the bladder, and result in burning in the urethra. Get a urine culture to be certain.

Last updated Jan 31, 2018