U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 30-year-old male asked:

Im 30 now, & i have lost upper vocal range in my full chest voice over the past few years, especially after getting sick. can i get that range back?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Donald Colantino
Internal Medicine 62 years experience
Therapist: My advice is to have an evaluation by a speech therapist ..You could access one at your local hospital,although you may need a referral from your physician. The therapist will give you a diagnosis, prognosis and determine whether a program of speech therapy itself can help you regain normal range.
Dr. Philip Miller
A Verified Doctoranswered
Family Medicine 48 years experience
ENT consultation: and flexible nasaopharyngoscopy to visulaize your vocal cords.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Jan 16, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.