U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 30-year-old female asked:

Hi doctors. im 5 weeks pregnant and its my first pregnancy. should i see my gp or should i rather see an gynecologist.

3 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Cynthia Palabrica
Obstetrics and Gynecology 34 years experience
Who to see?: Some family practice doctor do obstetrics. They are usually covered by an obstetrician that can be consulted if the need arises. Check to see if your doctor does obstetrics. If not, you should see an obstetrician.
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
Pathology 50 years experience
Either: For the sake of your and your baby's health, you should see a doctor soon. Either doctor will be okay. Wish you good health and a healthy baby!
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
Pathology 50 years experience
Provided original answer
Wish you good health and a healthy baby!
Dec 30, 2017
Dr. Wayne Ingram
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Start with OB GYN: You need to begin this pregnancy journey with the MD who will complete the trip with you and that is the OB GYN MD.
Last updated Aug 10, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.