ZA

My 2 week old son has red pimples/rash on hes bottom. what can be causing this and what is the best remedy for this?

Dr. Richard Zimon
Most common: reason for a rash in THAT LOCATION in a 2 WEEK OLD is Diaper rash which is treatable with MANY OTC lotions creams etc etc however for which frequent diaper changes is the MAJOT treatment! This advice is from a father x3 and a grandfather x 6...and me Hope it is helpful Dr Z Dr Z
Dr. Kenny Chuu
Diagnosis first: Hi, it’s hard to say without a picture but there is a great app that may be able to help you get a diagnosis without being seen in person by a dermatologist. The app is called VisualDX and is one of the best, if not the best out there. Many clinicians, including myself, use it. Just snap a photo and it gives you a list of possible diagnoses. Good luck!

Last updated Dec 31, 2017