U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Chicago, IL
A 30-year-old male asked:

Hello. i noticed a red rash and small red pimples around my pubic hair area but not on my penis. what might be the cause of this?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
Pathology 51 years experience
Folliculits: What you described suggest inflammation/infection of the hair follicles. Try to wash the area with soap a couple times each day and keep the area dry. If doing this for about 3 weeks does not solve the issue, please consult your doctor. If you are overweight, try to lose weight.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 24, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.