U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 27-year-old female asked:

Pain in arm after rabies vaccine, what should i do? is it ok just to take painkillers or should i see a doctor?

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Rachel Wagner
Family Medicine 22 years experience
Pain at injection : Site is a common experience. Keep an eye on the area and if you develop a rash, warmth or swelling have the area examined. Otherwise use ibuprofen and acetaminophen to help with discomfort.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Mar 15, 2022


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.