People get Multiple migraine attacks a month over20-30yrs. I have 4 a Month on average.I have Aura no Headache wise to see GP to take small dose Propranolol which reduced them before , tolerated them at 20mg with mild Asthma to reduce my Stroke risk?

Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu answered
56 years experience in Allergy and Immunology
What's the question?: Are you asking whether the Rx program is ok? Ideally a more cardioselective beta blocker is preferred over propranolol when you suffer from asthma since this tends to block some of the action from your bronchodilator. However if propranolol is the only beta blocker that works, the risk/benefit ratio may outweigh the asthma risk.
Answered on Oct 30, 2017
1