how long does it take for nasal swelling to subside after sinus surgery? almost 4 weeks post op and still having issues breathing. had 2 cleanings ent

Dr. William Culviner
29 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Sinus surgery : Everyone is different in their recovery from sinus surgery. However, it is common for healing to continue for up to three months. I always tell my patients there may be some residual issues during that time period. You just need to follow the postop instructions. Saline lavage is the most important thing you can do to speed your recovery. Good luck!
Answered on Oct 25, 2017