Los Angeles, CA

could sleeping with an ipad under my back, connected to wifi could cause any long term health problem?

Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine 40 years experience
YES (controversial): I strongly believe this can cause VERY significant health problems but this is not understood by most doctors. Why would you leave it connected to wi-fi all nite? I advise turning off the wi-fi router when you go to bed as you will be exposed even if you turn your iPad off. See http://www.townsendletter.com/July2007/wifi0707.htm and http://tinyurl.com/y7dkjqpy and http://tinyurl.com/yalo4zcm
Dr. Dean Giannone
Dangers of WiFi?: To my understanding, we’re not aware of any long term health risks associated with exposure to WiFi or tablet devices as you’ve described. Especially if it was just one random exposure like this. That being said, things may change in the future, and WiFi is ubiquitous in society, so let’s hope for the best.
Dr. Jovita Anyanwu
Do not: do it . The connection to Wifi is not the concern it is laying on the IPAD. Getting a sound sleep is important for maintianing a balanced physical and mental health