I have a tooth infection i had 3 cipro left so i took 1 yesterday 1 this morning and 1 this afternoon all i have left is azithromyacin can i take that?

7 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Ronald Ward answered

Specializes in Head and Neck Surgery

Tooth: Better to get antibiotic for anaerobes, e.g. Clindamycin. Look up the spectrum of coverage for Zithromax online.

Answered 11/27/2017

514 views

Dr. Arnold Malerman answered

Specializes in Orthodontics

Antibiotics: Not all antibiotics are alike. Whenever you take antibiotics you should take them until the entire course of treatment has been taken, therefore you shouldn't have any left over. Antibiotics will not cure an infected tooth, only reduce spread of infection until you stop taking the pills. Please see a Dentist for correct antibiotic and correct follow-up care.

Answered 3/22/2020

514 views

Dr. Mueeza Zafar answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

Cipro does not work: Cipro would like not do anything. Clindamycin is your best bet if you are allergic to penicillin. If not allergic to penicillin the amoxicillin 875 mg twice daily for a week would be appropriate.

Answered 10/15/2017

512 views