Orlando, FL

Currently taking flovent and albuterol inhaler for asthma. costly w/my insurance, non-formulary but symbicort is on my preferred drug list. thoughts?

Different actions: Flovent is an inhaled anti-inflammatory steroid used for basic control. Albuterol is a short acting anti-spasm drug that acts quickly to reverse bronchospasm. Symbicort is a combination of a steroid and a long acting agent that treats bronchospasm. It can only be used 2X/day and doesn't give you flexibility to treat sudden events. You should only change if & when your doc thinks it wise for you.

Last updated Nov 27, 2017