India

I had an polycystic ovarian cyst so i had an surgery 2 years back so my one ovary and fallopian tube is removed..i gained weight.is there any risk in future..can any problem will occur in future?

Dr. Cornelius Oleary
Urgent Care 20 years experience
Future symptoms : If you experienced ovarian torsion due to a large cyst it may occur in the remaining ovary. The best you can do is be aware of the symptoms and present immediately for care if they occur so you can get the ultrasound +/- CT scan if needed. ACOG found weight loss can help you maintain menstrual regularity and avoid diabetes in future. Follow closely with MD to avoid metabolic complications.

Last updated Nov 28, 2017