Auburn, ME

I just had arthroscopic knee surgery and was told that i had a lot of red inside the knee. he said this was inflammation. how did it get there?

Dr. Silviu Pasniciuc
Inflammation: Is part of normal healing after any kind of wound ( in your case surgical).
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery 30 years experience
Varies: Inflammation can occur in response to an injury, an autoimmune condition, an arthritic condition, an infectious process, among multiple potential causes. In the knee it is usually associated inflammation of the synovium, known as synovitis. I would discuss the specifics of your case with your surgeon, who likely has a theory as to the cause of the inflammation.
Last updated Sep 13, 2017