ZA

hi. my question is in the past week i've started bathing in a tub and i add dettol to the bath water, my v started swelling around the clito and its very itchy. what's wrong with me? i've had v thrush before and i don't know if it came again.

May be reaction: Your genital skin is more sensitive to some chemical agents. You may be having a skin sensitivity to the Dettol and it would be reasonable to avoid it until you can sort that out. The yeast of thrush are not a common reaction to bathing.
Dr. Aveshen Govender
Specializes in General Practice
Recurrence: It could be a recurrence of the thrush. The detail may upset the normal bacteria and pH around the vagina making it easier for candida which causes thrush to grow

Last updated Oct 4, 2020