i feel something in my esophagus recent weeks. at first i only felt it after having dinner, recent days i feel something below my throat in the upper chest all day while i swallowing. and i feel chest congested when taking a deep breath.

Dr. Joel Teig
Dr. Joel Teig answered
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 45 years experience
GERD: It is difficult to define the cause without an exam, but your problem could be from an inflammation of the esophagus. With gastroesophageal disease (GERD) the acids in the esophagus can leak from the esophagus and go into the trachea. In the trachea, the leaked fluid can cause an inflammation from the trachea and into then lungs.

Last updated Aug 23, 2017