Do i have a tumor in my throat/esophagus? i've had a feeling of a lump in my throat with pain/discomfort upon swallowing for a few weeks. the lump feels like it's stuck in the bottom of my throat and the pain radiates through the middle of my chest and i

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engravanswered
Emergency Medicine 32 years experience
The : The safest thing to do would be to make an appointment with an internal medicine physician, or a family practice physician for a complete evaluation. They could refer you to an appropriate specialist if needed. Write down your symptoms before you go, and try to notice also if you are having any burning/reflux symptoms. If your symptoms worsen, if you have chest pain, palpitations, dizziness, vomiting, or new symptoms then you would have to go to the er.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Reza Shirazi
Radiation Oncology 21 years experience
See your doctor: If the pain has been there for a couple of weeks and not associated with cold, injury etc. I would start with your primary care doctor who will make appropriate referrals and examination, you may need a fiber optic scope through your nose for a look at the back of your throat. You may also get other work up like imaging, cardiac work up etc.
Last updated Jul 8, 2018