U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Valencia, PA
A 23-year-old male asked:

I burnt the inner side of my cheek eating. caused a blister, accidentally bit the blister and am left with a very painful cut. what do i do to help the pain? it has been so hard to eat or drink anything without a bad stinging pain. using orabase too.

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 54 years experience
See Dentist: Considering your level of trauma, you should be examined by your Dentist who can prescribe antibiotics if indicated. In the meantime Advil (as per pkg directions), salt water rinses (ask your Dentist how to do this), and dab Orabase-B (not plain Orabase) onto sore spot. But most of all, call your Dentist.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Aug 23, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.