I punched a wall and i have a boxers fracture in my ring knuckle. 5 days later i notice a red stripe going up my middle finger. i don't have a cast?

6 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Richard Zimon answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

Get t hat: evaluated ASAP..it usually represents the spread of an infection from an area of cellulitis (may be hardly noticed since it is in the swollen area! You may require antibiotics!! Hope this helps Dr Z

Answered 8/17/2017

585 views

Dr. Gurmukh Singh answered

Specializes in Pathology

See doctor: What you described suggests lymphangitis and may require treatment with antibiotics. See a doctor at your earliest. If you do not have access to a doctor, go to the emergency room of the nearest hospital. For good health - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Drink enough water daily, so that your urine is mostly colorless. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form. Practice safe sex, if you have sex. Get HPV vaccine

Answered 8/12/2017

585 views