Murray, UT
A 34-year-old female asked about a male:

not sure if 1m old was exposed to honey. toddler was eating a honey sandwich, didn't wash hands then gave him a pacifier. should i take baby to dr?

About new babies...: In such a scenario, the only thing to do is to keep non-caretakers away from the new (0-3 m) baby. It is much more likely for a new baby to get sick if siblings touch or play with him. The doctor will be examining the baby at 1, 2, 4, and 6 months check-ups. There is nothing to do if a baby accidentally got some honey, unless the baby starts eating less over time and starts looking tired and weak.
Dr. Katharine Cox
Pediatric Emergency Medicine 45 years experience
Observe: It was such a small or negligible amount it would be important to watch for symptoms but only follow up if you have concerns.