every time i do exercise i get a sharp pain on the inside of my legs just in behind my shins? it normally goes away half an hour after stopping?

2 doctor answers
49 years experience Pathology
Normal: The fascia around the muscles does not yield when muscles contract and it may cause pain. Keep up with the exercise and the fascia will loosen up gradually. For good health - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Drink enough water daily, so that your urine is mostly colorless. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form. Practice safe sex, if you have sex.
Answered on Mar 15, 2018
Dr.
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
'Shin splints': You may be describing what is commonly called 'shin spints'. This is a misleading term for a condition causing leg pain with running. The exact cause is not necessarily completely understood. Take a look at this link: http://physiotherapy.org.nz/your-health/blogs/shin-splints-what-are-they-and-why-me/#.Wrn4zGZ7GL8
Answered on Jan 5, 2019