SC

i injured my foot last night just below my big toe it is bruised with a blue color and has some pain, it has a lot of burning feeling could it be from?

Dr. Rose marie Sotolongo
Podiatry 29 years experience
Need xray: It may be fractured, torn ligament, bad sprain of first metatarsophalangeal joint. Recommend local podiatrist or foot ortho physician. Rest ice and limit moving joint until see physician.
Dr. Jordan Steinberg
Podiatry 14 years experience
Burning pain: The burning pain you're experiencing is due to swelling of the toe which is then pressing against the nerve causing a burning sensation. The best thing to do is ice the toe and to decrease motion. Also you may want to take a short course of anti-inflammatory medication to help decrease swelling in the area.

Last updated Jul 14, 2017