Could i hav marfans? recently got diagnosed w/ mild mvp. postive marfans wrist test but not thumb test. female, not tall (5 ft 2), arm span not longer than height, skinny, long fingers, score 3 in ghent criteria. no protuding chests nor myopic. help

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers

Wouldn't think so: If I remember correctly as many as 10% of the female population can show a mild degree of mitral valve prolapse by their teen years and beyond. That makes it relatively common where Marfan's is rare. Your observations make it unlikely you could fit the diagnosis. Discuss it with your doc the next time you go in.

Answered 7/6/2017

632 views

Highly unlikely: Based on your negative thumb test, relatively short stature, short or normal limb length (arm span), a mere 3 in Ghent criteria (>6 is required for positive) or lack of other features it is highly unlikely that you have Marfans syndrome.

Answered 7/6/2017

632 views