Morocco

Help please white thick coating in mouth after dentist placed a pivot inside one of my molars that he drilled (dental implant) the white coat some of it can easily be removed with teeth and it has a powdery consistency.. should i be worried?

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 54 years experience
Unsure: An implant is a metallic fixture that is placed in the mouth to substitute for a tooth root that has been completely removed, not a "pivot" that is placed into existing tooth structure. Your best course of action is to return to your Dentist to review your concerns.
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry 55 years experience
IDK: There is no way for us to know exactly what is going on with what you describe. My best guess is that perhaps some bond grafting material has leaked out, which may be of no consequence. However, you need to call the dentist who performed the surgery and ask whether or not he/she feels you should be seen for an evaluation.

Last updated Nov 8, 2018