Standish, Maine

Is it safe to take sawpalmetto and tumeric supplements daily? i have read that they both can thin blood just need to know taken together is it safe?

Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine 40 years experience
Yes: Both saw palmetto and turmeric have many health benefits and are safe to take. While both have some blood-thinning properties (as do many other supplements like ginger, garlic and fish oil), it is safe to take them together. It is generally beneficial to have our blood on the thin side (thick blood tends to be a more common and serious issue than thin blood).