SC

every time i take even 1 sip of alcohol, i get pain across my mid/lower back & abdomen, almost as if i had been working out and my muscles are tensing. goes away after 10 min or so. blood work always normal. what could be the cause?

Pathology 49 years experience
? Heritage: Some people are deficient in an enzyme that is needed for metabolism of alcohol. In the absence of this enzyme, acetyl-aldehyde, a product in the metabolic pathway of alcohol, accumulates and causes symptoms. Consider it a blessing, as alcohol is a poison that never did anybody any good, ever. Stay away from alcohol. For good health - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Drink enough water daily, so that your urine is mostly colorless. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form. Practice safe sex, if you have sex.

Last updated Aug 12, 2019