U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Everett, WA
A 48-year-old female asked:

What is the best way to keep blood sugar at a normal level in an individual who suffers with gastroparesis?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Amandeep Kaur
Family Medicine 12 years experience
Sugar control: Take medications as prescribed by your physician for management of diabetes. Medications like pramlintide and Byetta are generally avoided in such cases. Make sure you start watching your diet and exercising as well.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 23, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.