NE
A male asked:

what medicine to take for a dry cough?

Dr.
None work great: There is no great medicine for this. Over the counter preparations may help but are mostly snake oil. Honey and lemon tastes good and is benign and may help. If you are a smoker stop. Inhalers may help if there is a reactive component to it.
Dr. Al Hegab
Dr. Al Hegabanswered
Allergy and Immunology 40 years experience
Better c ur doctor : Dry cough can be a symptom for several disorders, and if OTC medications aren't helping , better see your doctor, good luck
Dr. John Chiu
Allergy and Immunology 57 years experience
Depends on the cause: There are many potential causes for a cough but the more common ones include post-nasal drips, post-viral infection etc. The list goes on. Need to see a doctor to find out. Unless you know the cause, using a cough suppressant on a long term basis is not recommended.