WI

abd pain with eating. all gi tests normal.diagnosed with mals via aortagram. back blood flow in sma and celiac stenosis. might surgery help?

Dr. Charles Cattano
Gastroenterology 39 years experience
MALS is: characterized by abdominal pain attributed to compression of the celiac artery and possibly the celiac ganglia by the median arcuate ligament. The abdominal pain may be related to meals, may be accompanied by weight loss, and may be associated with an abdominal bruit. Treatment is generally surgical. Ref: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Median_arcuate_ligament_syndrome