A male asked:
Is the poison harmful,even tho i'm not allergic to bee sting?
2 doctor answers • 3 doctors weighed in
A Verified Doctoranswered
A US doctor answeredLearn more
Not usually: Allergic reaction is the most common of the serious complications to beestings. There is the possibility however of the poison causing a local bite reaction which can be severe or leading to an infection as a complication as the sting can breach the skin. Recommend examination by a doctor to sort through these possibilities and urgently if worsening pain, fevers, feeling unwell.
704 viewsReviewed >2 years ago
Dr. Heidi Fowleranswered
Psychiatry 27 years experience
If not allergic: you may still experience pain, redness and mild localized swelling. For infection or allergic reactions - medical tx is recommended.
704 viewsAnswered >2 years ago
Last updated May 12, 2017
People also asked
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $44!
50% off with $15/month membership
Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.