I had a recent urgency to open my bowels and i passed a lot of clay coloured stool. it was formed and wasn't hard to pass. ?

Dr. Charles Cattano
Gastroenterology 40 years experience
No age or context...: ...so IBS is on the list but is a diagnosis of exclusion. The key to your answer: what are your symptoms, duration of distress, age/comorbid conditions, medications, and what did you eat last night? If stool urgency is a recurrent issue, what recent evaluation have you undergone? Especially if you are up in age, further evaluation is warranted to identify & correct the many possible causes.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Feb 28, 2019