My family doctor did my yearly blood work. his nurse just called me and told me they found strep in my urine. what does that mean?

Dr. Rashid Altafi
Bacteria in Urine: It is important to clarify what was meant by "strep in your urine". Most likely they meant that you have Group B Streptococcal Bacteria in your urine. You may either have an active infection or your urinary tract is colonized with the bacteria Antibiotic are effective treatment. This is a more serious issue if your presently or plan to get pregnant and this is not treated appropriately.

Last updated May 1, 2017