Saudi Arabia

is it possible for a lesion in liver to grow from app 1 cm to 2 cm in about 1-1/2 months?

Pathology 49 years experience
Yes: Depending on the nature of the lesion, it is possible.

Maple Valley, WA

I found out I have a hyerechoic lesion on my liver, it 1.2 CM should i be concern? I also have a burning in my side

Dr. Anthony Filly
Radiology 26 years experience
Probably not: A hyperechoic lesion (i assume it's on an ultrasound) is almost always a hemangioma which is a common benign lesion of the liver. If you have a history of cancer or cirrhosis, it would be a little more concerning. I would just get a followup in 6-9 months to ensure it is stable. If you are really worried and want some peace of mind, you could always ask your doctor to do an MRI to confirm it.

Anyone know what is a hypodense lesion in the liver?

Dr. Tracy Berg
General Surgery 32 years experience
Hypodense: Hypodense is a descriptive term used by radiologists to describe an abnormality in the liver seen on a ct scan. There is no other meaning, however, okay to review with your doc. Depending on any symptoms, abnormal blood tests, your other diagnoses, and your exam your doc may want to advise you on several possibilities, such as follow up image in 3 to 6 months, a biopsy, reassurance.....

What is a lesion on the liver?

Dr. Tracy Berg
General Surgery 32 years experience
Several possiblities: Ranging from benign, to a lesion that needs monitoring (repeat imaging in 3 to 6 months), to lesions that need biopsy for diagnosis and treatment. Okay to discuss with the doc who obtained the imaging. Many liver lesions are picked up "incidentally" when imaging is obtained for other reasons. However, even if you are without symptoms, okay to ask your doc.
India

Liver is mildly enlarged in size 152 mm & mildly echogenic in appearance. No focal lesion. What does it mean?

Dr. Alfred Parkhill Hand
Radiology 21 years experience
Hepatic steatosis: Increased echogenicity of the liver on us usually means that there is fatty infiltration. Please see the following links for more info http://www.Ncbi.Nlm.Nih.Gov/pubmed/14969505 http://en.Wikipedia.Org/wiki/fatty_liver http://emedicine.Medscape.Com/article/175472-overview.
Idaho Falls, ID

What will they do for a lesion on the liver?

Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice 28 years experience
Lesion?: I am sorry but the word lesion is meaningless without more specific description or diagnoses.

Last updated Sep 26, 2017