India

I had my liver function test today as i had pale yellow stools. everything was normal expect the direct bilirubin direct its 0.31 is it normal??

Pathology 49 years experience
See below: All laboratory results need to be interpreted in the clinical context and the doctor who ordered the tests is usually in the best position to do that. Having said that, if direct bilirubin of 0.31 is the only issue, then there is not need to worry, even though it is very slightly elevated. For good health - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Drink enough water daily, so that your urine is mostly colorless. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form. Practice safe sex, if you have sex.

Last updated Oct 13, 2018