MD

I was on the elliptical, i get on it barefoot. i think it's causing a vein pain on top of my foot. it feels like pressure on my vein and it hurts?

Dr. John Landi
Phlebology 47 years experience
Needs evaluation.: A tender bulging vein suggests an inflammation of the vein which is called superficial thrombophlebitis. This can be to localized trauma or to even a poorly fitting shoe. Whether or not the pain is the cause of your discomfort, you should be evaluated by a vein specialist. The foot pressure that you feel may not be due to veins at all but to something else.

Last updated Jun 5, 2017