U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Saudi Arabia
A 52-year-old male asked:

What is the best thing i can do for my kidneys?

3 doctor answers7 doctors weighed in
Dr. Maryam Shapland
A Verified Doctoranswered
Emergency Medicine 17 years experience
Keep hydrated: Our kidneys filter out the toxins in our bodies. If we are dehydrated it is harder for kidneys to do their job.
Dr. Kevin Carr
Internal Medicine 20 years experience
Kidney health:: 1 of the most important factors for maintaining kidney health is maintaining adequate hydration. chronically poor hydration resulted in reproduction of urine with higher concentration of waste products that can be injurious to the kidneys. As a rough guideline, men and women should consume approximately 1 L (1000 mL once) of water daily to help the kidneys function at their best.
Dr. Cornelius Oleary
A Verified Doctoranswered
Urgent Care 19 years experience
Kidney health : The kidneys are paired organs that regulate electrolyte balance and excrete nitrogenous waste. If you maintain a healthy blood pressure and avoid toxins, immediately treat/avoid urinary tract infections and keep your heart healthy. Also avoid diabetes which can damage the kidneys. That's a good start.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership

Related questions

A 50-year-old male asked:
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 57-year-old male asked:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 22-year-old female asked:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 25-year-old female asked:
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Last updated Mar 16, 2021


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.