U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Mastic, NY
A 31-year-old female asked:

Lump on upper ab, right side. hurts when i bend over or lay on that side. also hurts to touch. what could it be? i do squats, leg lifts and push-ups.

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Cornelius Oleary
A Verified Doctoranswered
Urgent Care 21 years experience
Spigelian : See your MD. If the lump is to the side of your rectus abdominus it may be a spigelian hernia. It may also be a pulled or torn abdominal muscle. Only a full exam is appropriate the differential diagnosis is quite large. Don't worry you'll be okay. Rest use NSAIDs and see MD.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Mar 8, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.