Oviedo, FL
A 26-year-old female asked about a male:

Ear wax is draining out of my son's ears. he is complaining of pain and "liquid" in his ears. he's had tubes. is an ear infection beginning?

Hard to say: If he has had tubes in the past you know he is prone to infections. This may or may not be an early stage of an infection. I can't make much of wax draining but pain is worrisome. I would give him some ibuprofen for now & arrange to have it checked when convenient.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Clarene Cress
Specializes in Pediatrics
Ear wax rarely "drains" or feels like liquid. It is more likely fluid or pus from the middle ear draining through the tube or from a ruptured ear drum. So yes, most likely an ear infection.
Mar 6, 2017
Last updated Jan 5, 2019