Los Angeles, CA

My right arm on the inside of it, wrist, thumb and index finger are sore and swollen. my neck on that side as well as shoulder is sore as well. only noted difference is using my smart phone and leaning on that side lots yesterday. could this be heart?

Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery 31 years experience
Likely neck: It sounds like what is known as a cervical radiculopathy, which s a term for the pain that can run down the arm from a nerve irritation in the neck. I would not hesitate to be seen. A good medical checkup can be a good place to start.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Mar 1, 2017