I have sores at the crease of where my mouth opens. how do i get rid of it?

Dr. Jerome Litt
Dermatology 71 years experience
MOUTH CORNERS SORE: Without looking i couldn't be sure, but it sounds as if you have a condition called angular stomatitis or perleche. Often due to a yeast infection. Stop chewing gum, use a mild toothpaste (tom's of maine is a good one); don't eat raw fruit without cutting it up. A prescription product called mycolog cream can sometimes help.
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Sometimes also called Cheilosis, and may respond to treatment with "B" vitamins - ie. riboflavin.
Feb 12, 2012
Dr. Vicki Levine
Dermatology 41 years experience
OTC CTEAMS: Buy a one percent Hydrocortisone cream and an anti-fungal cream. Mix them together equally and plot apply small amount to the angles of your mouth twice a day, especially before you go to bed at night. Once the rash has resolved you can just put the zinc oxide at the corners of your mouth before you go to bed.