A member asked:

Hi, i have a mark/scar/bald spot on the back of my head which i was told was caused by a brain scan when i was a baby. can i get rid of it?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Gurmukh Singh answered

Specializes in Pathology

It is unlikely that the bald spot is due to an imaging study. It is not feasible to provide a meaningful opinion without examining you. If the spot is not too big, you would do well to cover it with hair from the surrounding areas. If it is of bigger cosmetic concern, you may consult a plastic surgeon. For good health - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Drink enough water daily, so that your urine is mostly colorless. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form. Practice safe sex.

Answered Feb 11, 2017



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor