last week i was treated for gonorrhea, today i found a tampon in me that's been there for 2 weeks. did that make my treatment ineffective?

Dr. Brad Goldenberg
35 years experience Pediatrics
Risk of bacteria: Having a tampon in too long is more likely to cause a bacterial toxin to accumulate from Staph overgrowth called toxic shock syndrome. Even if you don't have fevers or rashes, go see your OB-Gyne doc and get some medication. Its hard to say how that affected your GC infection, so get some cultures done , may need retrestment for the gonorrhea, Keflex or Vanco for the staph
Answered on Feb 7, 2017
1
Dr. Erin Best
Dr. Erin Best commented
21 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
Additionally make sure that you were also treated with azithromycin for chlamydia.
Feb 5, 2017