Mondovi, WI

I've had 2 herniated discs (specifically c5/6 & c6/7) in the last six years. i have a large chest. is it possible that this is the cause?

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery 51 years experience
I doubt it: There no evidence that people have large chest have more cervical disc problems. There are study to show if a lady have large breasts that could strain her neck and back.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Orthopedic Spine Surgery 42 years experience
No the disc : Herniations did not cause the large chest nor did the large chest result in the disc herniations but the extra load on the neck could aggravate your symptoms there.
Last updated Jun 11, 2018