A 23-year-old male asked:

I am suffering from wrist synovitis since past 6 months and acute pain in my right wrist. i took pain killers but it helped only temporarily. help.

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Troy Ross
Occupational Medicine 26 years experience
Try a wrist brace: The first approach to synovitis is to rest the joint. Good wrist braces are available in most pharmacies. If the symptoms don't improve after a week with that then it would be good to get a referral to a physical therapist.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 2, 2016
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
$44 video appointments with $19/month membership*
*Billed $57 every 3 months. Cancel anytime.


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.