Winter Haven, FL
A male asked:

do you know anything about mold in an ear canal? my sons ent says he has a yeast infection but it wont clear up. could mold in our home be causing it?

Dr. Florence Nwofor
Specializes in Pediatrics
Possibly though: Fungal infections in the ear is usually due to local factors in the ear, humidity, warmth and poor exposure to light; swimming, abrasion of the ear canal from excessive cleaning/scratching, use of antibiotics predispose to fungal infections. Several rounds of cleaning and antifungal drops maybe required for resolution. Option remains for oral of IV antifungals. stick with the ENT; patience