I have been taking depression medicine for years. i don't think it helps anymore. certain things send me into a deep depression for days. what should i?

7 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Justin Fuehrer answered

Specializes in Emergency Medicine

See your doctor: It may be time to increase your dose of your current medication or to potentially change your medication if it is no longer working. Because you say you are going into a deep depression for days, i would highly suggest seeing your physician as this is potentially serious and should be addressed as soon as possible.

Answered 10/3/2016

6.1k views

Dr. Asa Marokus answered

Specializes in Child Psychiatry

See a psychiatrist: It sounds a form of depression that is called chronic, treatment-refractory depression. It's been going on for a very long time and you are clearly suffering. If you are able to see a psychiatrist for an evaluation, that would be my first recommendation. If you are already seeing one, then i would discuss. There are augmenting medications to help with antidepressants that aren't working.

Answered 1/13/2016

6.1k views