Is it ok to use some simply saline for Nasal on my contacts as I'm out of eye solution?

Dr. John Scuba
24 years experience in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Saline for contacts: No. Contact solution is a commercially prepared solution for cleaning and disinfecting contact lenses. Most have preservatives, a binding agent, a buffer, and a surfactant or wetting agent. Saline nasal has none of these agents, can't disinfect, and will cause stinging and burning, and IF the nasal saline has been used in the nose, you may introduce bacteria which live in the nose into your eyes.
Answered on Sep 8, 2018