Sandwich, MA

I woke up today with a few very dark blue veins. 1 is s- shaped from just below left arm pit to elbow and then a straight line from elbow to wrist and?

Dr. Julie Abbott
Preventive Medicine 45 years experience
You haven't: developed new veins; they just look different! The venous/vein system is very susceptible to changes in blood volume, and when the volume is reduced, such as in dehydration, veins can appear more prominent, more deeply colored, etc. From your description, doubt due to trauma. My prediction is that if you pump up the fluids your veins will go back to looking "normal" to you. Good wishes:)

Last updated Apr 23, 2018